Charitos BO Hospital has a well-established department of surgery which focuses on surgery genarally. All trauma patients are evaluated by the surgical team.
This department is supported by round the clock laboratory, radiology, ICU and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Surgical emergencies
- Excision of sebaceous cyst, lipoma and lymph node biopsy
- Minor surgical procedures like abscess drainage, carbuncles, soft tissue tumors, hydrocele, hernia, varicocele, vasectomy, circumcision, etc.
- Emergency laparotomy for perforation, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis and strangulated hernia wherever patient is hemodynamically stable or ASA grade 1&2
- Laparoscopic surgery – lap cholecystectomy
- Breast surgery for any tumors, both benign and malignant
- Surgery for fissures, fistulas and hemorrhoids
- Endocrine surgery for thyroid and other endocrine glands
- Surgery for varicose veins and other minor vascular procedures